Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sloppy Joes

Posted by Unknown at 12:31 AM
Hey guys! Happy Easter! We don't celebrate it here but I just wanted to show my respect to those of you who celebrate it :) I'm sure you all enjoyed it.

So, my family keeps asking me to make them lunch, and they wanted something with beef, so I made some sloppy joes! These are so delicious and filling, and don't contain as much calories as the one you buy from restaurants.

The recipe is very quick and simple, and I bet you already have all the ingredients in your pantry! So, what are you waiting for? Go try it!



Sloppy Joes

4 servings

-1 teaspoon oil
-1 onion, finely chopped
-1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb of extra lean ground beef
-3/4 cup of ketchup
-1 1/2 to 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
-1 teaspoon chili powder
-1 teaspoon cumin
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 burger buns (I used whole wheat)

Directions:

1. Heat oil in a skillet and cook onion, green pepper, and garlic for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in ground beef and cook for 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
3. Add ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, salt, pepper, and chili powder and cook 4 minutes.
4. Serve on buns!

Easy peasy :) 
Bon appetit!




0 comments on "Sloppy Joes"

Post a Comment

 

A Teenager With A Passion For Baking Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Image by Online Journal