Sadly, pancakes can be dangerous if you're on a diet. But these pancakes are super healthy and are 100% whole wheat! With only 90 calories each, you can have two or three drizzled with sugar free maple syrup for a delicious fiber-filled breakfast!
I found this recipe on Chocolate and Carrots and her pictures got to me! I halved her recipe since I was only making these for myself, and I got 6 fluffy pancakes. I ate one since they were so filling and I froze the rest! So when i'm craving pancakes for breakfast all I have to do is reheat these for about a minute or less in the microwave and top with peanut butter and maple syrup voila!
Source: Chocolate & Carrots(Makes 6 fluffy pancakes)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar (increase to 1 tablespoon if you have a sweet tooth)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup skimmed milk (3/8 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
- In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a greased skillet over medium-low heat and let cook for about 30 sec until it puffs and then flip to the other side and cook for about 10 seconds.
- Transfer to plate and continue cooking the rest with the same directions.
Serve with peanut butter and maple syrup!