Thursday, April 11, 2013

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes

Posted by Unknown at 9:34 AM
Nothing better than pancakes for breakfast, am I right?


Sadly, pancakes can be dangerous if you're on a diet. But these pancakes are super healthy and are 100% whole wheat! With only 90 calories each, you can have two or three drizzled with sugar free maple syrup for a delicious fiber-filled breakfast!

I found this recipe on Chocolate and Carrots and her pictures got to me! I halved her recipe since I was only making these for myself, and I got 6 fluffy pancakes. I ate one since they were so filling and I froze the rest! So when i'm craving pancakes for breakfast all I have to do is reheat these for about a minute or less in the microwave and top with peanut butter and maple syrup voila!

Recipe:

Source: Chocolate & Carrots

(Makes 6 fluffy pancakes)

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (increase to 1 tablespoon if you have a sweet tooth)
  • 1 egg white, beaten
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup skimmed milk (3/8 cup)
  • 1/2 tablespoon canola oil

Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
  2. In a smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients.
  3. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
  4. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a greased skillet over medium-low heat and let cook for about 30 sec until it puffs and then flip to the other side and cook for about 10 seconds. 
  5. Transfer to plate and continue cooking the rest with the same directions.

Serve with peanut butter and maple syrup!

0 comments on "Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes"

Post a Comment

 

A Teenager With A Passion For Baking Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Image by Online Journal